According to Bharat Bhise, hardwood flooring has been a favorite flooring option among many homeowners due to its feel, character, elegance, and the many advantages they offer over other flooring options. However, they also come with a few shortcomings that you must know of before you decide to install them in your house.
The Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
- Variety and aesthetics – Hardwood flooring is available in a wide range of unique styles and choices depending on your budget and its availability. As a result, it is one of the most versatile yet unique flooring options you can install in your home.
Some of the different types of hardwood flooring options include Teak, Brazilian Cherry, Australian Cypress, Tigerwood, Santos Mahogany, Hickory, Red and White Oak, Brazilian Chestnut, and more.
- They are good long-term investments – Hardwood flooring has a timeless appeal due to its quality and aesthetics. Unlike vinyl or carpet flooring, they hold their value over a long period since they can be restored to their original state without having to opt for a replacement every 15 to 20 years. In fact, with proper maintenance hardwood flooring can last for almost a hundred years. Plus, since hardwood floors are costly, they also improve the value of your home.
- They don’t cause allergies – Unlike some types of flooring options such as carpets which result in the release of allergens and cause issues to people who suffer from allergies, hardwood flooring is hypo-allergenic in nature.
Thus, they don’t attract any type of allergens such as animal dander or spore or attract parasites such as dust mites or fleas as long as you mop them regularly and keep them clean. Hardwood floors also attract less dust. dirt, and debris.
The Drawbacks of Hardwood Flooring
- It is an expensive flooring option – It is well-known that hardwood flooring is one of the costliest flooring options. Thus, if you have a low budget, it can be wiser to invest in vinyl, tile, or carpet flooring since they tend to be cheaper.
- They require high maintenance – Hardwood flooring requires high maintenance if you want to preserve its shine and prevent any damage. Typically, they need to be polished every 4-5 years to keep them looking as good as new.
You need to keep hardwood floors dry at all times since prolonged water contact can damage them through water seepage. It is also important to check for signs of damage such as dents, scratching, and other issues such as crowning and cupping and fix them early on.
Lastly, hardwood floors are prone to termite infestation and molds, and it is important to notice and fix these problems asap in order to prevent massive damage to the floors.
Bharat Bhise suggests you consider the pros and cons of installing hardwood floors in your house before settling on a decision. It’s a good option if you have kids at home since they are organic, non-toxic, and easy to clean.
Comments are closed.